There are many standard sizes for pledget cutting blades, as shown in . They can be circular, elliptical, round-cornered or rectangular shaped.
Online calulator for a felt-sheet
This calculator allows you to calculate the maximal amount of pledgets which can be produced out of a PTFE-sheet. The form is filled with default values, which can be altered. Insert new values to calculate the maximum exploit per felt sheet. The exploit is recalculated each time after changing and pressing the return-key:
Explanation of the values of the online felt-sheet-calculator:
- The industry standard felt-size is 6" x 6", i.e. 152mm x 152mm.
- Possible lengths and widths for pledgets can be looked up in .
- To get a regular shaped pledget a rim between each produced pledget is necessary. A good starting value is 0.5mm.
- The distance between the pledget-rows should be 1mm.
- The felt needs to be held on the edges. This has as effect that about 5 millimeters are lost in the column direction.
Custom made sizes
Almost any pledget-shape is possible as long as they are within the limitations described in . If you need something outside of these specifications, we are willing to build a customized machine fitting your needs.
Each new machine will be delivered with calibration certificates. We also offer to recalibrate the machine every two years together with maintanance. We provide a fully validated machine upon demand .
Maintanance, after-sales services
Our team provides a full service around the pledget cutting machine: regular maintanance, replacement-parts and if necessary reengineering.